Tuesday, November 17, 2015

SUNDAY CHICKEN AND DRESSING

I have found myself returning to my Gooseberry Patches' cookbook, 101 Homestyle Favorites. They really know how to display the recipe and dish on the page. They look so inviting; you just want to make it right away.

This Sunday Chicken and Dressing was another one I just couldn't pass up. As I have stated here before, I like to make casseroles that my husband and I can enjoy for several meals. I knew this one would fit the bill perfectly. (and it did)

I did decide to just mix all of the ingredients together instead of layering them as the recipe stated. I think it could have had a little more liquid so I have adjusted the recipe to show that. When you make it, you can decide if you think the mixture needs a little more broth.


SUNDAY CHICKEN AND DRESSING

1        can (10-3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
1        can (10-3/4 oz) cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup (I did use the cream of celery)
1-2    cups chicken broth
2       cups cooked chicken, diced
4-5   cups chicken-flavored stuffing mix (I love Pepperidge Farm Herb seasoned classic stuffing. I bought the 14 - ounce bag but didn't use all of it.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan.

Combine the soups and broth in a large bowl. (TIP! I make my chicken broth by dissolving a chicken bouillon cube in 1 cup of boiling water. You can make as much as you need.) I would suggest just using 1 cup and then adding more if you feel your mixture is too dry.

Add the chicken and stuffing mix to the soup mixture. (remember to add a little more broth if mixture is too dry)

Spread the mixture into baking pan.


 and bake for one hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment