Thursday, September 12, 2013

OATMEAL PANCAKES

Tuesday when I was working my shift at Hillcrest Thrift Shop, business was a little slow. I had taken recent copies of People magazine and Entertainment Weekly to read .... just in case. Towards the back of the People magazine, was an insert from People and Cooking Light with several recipes. This recipe for Oatmeal Pancakes was one of them.  

I decided to just copy the recipe down since it wasn't too involved so that when I left the copy in the community room, it would be there for others who might be interested.

I like eating "breakfast" for dinner so when I wasn't prepared for dinner last night, I asked my husband if pancakes would be okay.

These pancakes were really good. I didn't use whole wheat pastry flour for the 1/4 cup of flour, but will next time. I did use soft wheat pastry flour but think you could use any kind you wanted to. That is why I wrote the recipe and just said flour.




OATMEAL PANCAKES


1/4     cup flour
1        cup quick oats
1        tablespoon stevia or sugar
1/2     teaspoon baking powder
1/2     teaspoon baking soda
1/4     teaspoon cinnamon
1/8     teaspoon salt
1        cup 1% buttermilk
2        tablespoons margarine, melted
1        large egg

Combine the flour, oats, stevia, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl with a whisk.

Combine the buttermilk, margarine, and egg in a small bowl with a whisk.

Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir just til moist.  Batter will be thick. (I like to let it set for about 5 minutes before using.)













Spray with cooking spray or add a little oil to a large skillet over medium heat.

Drop a scoop of batter and flatten with back of scoop. (I have a medium ice cream scoop I used.) Cook on one side about 2 minutes or til edges are brown when you lift up the edge of the pancake.











Carefully turn and cook about 2 minutes more.

Makes 10 - 4-inch pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment