Sunday, November 4, 2012

TURTLE PUMPKIN PIE

In an earlier post I mentioned that I would be making Turtle Pumpkin Pie for a Dinner Club my husband and I belong to.  I made the pies Friday night to make sure they set up for last night and then added the Cool Whip, caramel and nuts on top before going to the dinner.

It makes a very, very impressive pie to take to a potluck dinner.  I'm not sure where I saw the recipe.  I copied it onto a piece of paper and didn't write the source.  I was drawn to the recipe when I looked at the ingredients and knew I could reduce the calories by using sugar free products, which I do as often as I can.  Everywhere I take the pie, it gets rave reviews.  Dinner Club was no exception.

I will share the recipe as I wrote it down and indicate the changes I made with parenthesis.


TURTLE PUMPKIN PIE

1/4  cup plus 2  tablespoons (Sugar Free) caramel ice cream topping

1  graham cracker pie crust

1/2  cup plus 2  tablespoons chopped pecans

2  small packages (Sugar Free/Fat Free) vanilla instant pudding

1  cup (skim) cold milk

1  cup canned pumpkin

1  teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2  teaspoon ground nutmeg

1  tub, 8 oz, (Sugar Free) Cool Whip

Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping into crust.















Sprinkle with 1/2  cup nuts.














Combine milk and pumpkin with whisk.  














Then add pudding mixes















 and spices with whisk. 















Stir in 1-1/2 cups Cool Whip.














Spoon in crust.















Refrigerate at least 1 hour. 















Top with remaining Cool Whip.  Drizzle caramel topping and nuts just before serving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment