Tuesday, September 17, 2024

QUICK CRANBERRY COOKIES

 I'm all about fast and easy lately. Especially if it is Saturday and I need to make several treats for the Cafe because not enough people volunteered. These Quick Cranberry Cookies and just that. When I saw the Cranberry Quick Bread and Muffin mix in the grocery store I bought three boxes because I knew I would need them sometime this fall.

They make such a cute just the right size for the Cafe Treats at PWUMC. There are a few tiny cranberry pieces in the mix, but you add more to make the cookies. I make the half cup go even farther since I cut the dried cranberries in half. Who wants to eat a Cranberry Cookie and not bite into any cranberries? Right?!

And with coconut included! You could add chopped nuts if you wanted to. I didn't because the Cafe Treats is a Nut-Free Zone, but they would just be an added option.



PRINT RECIPE.

QUICK CRANBERRY COOKIES

1     (15.6 oz) package Cranberry Quick Bread & Muffin Mix

3/4  cup quick cooking rolled oats

1/2  cup coconut

1/2  cup dried cranberries, chopped

1/2  teaspoon grated orange peel

1/2  cup oil

1      tablespoon water

2      eggs


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cookie sheets made by used ungreased or lined with parchment paper. I tried both and they both worked fine.


In a large bowl, combine the mix, oats, coconut, cranberries, and orange peel;

mix well with a whisk.


Add the oil, water, and eggs; mixing well.

(I added the eggs last.)


Drop by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. I have a cookie scoop that is a small tablespoon size (I haven't measured it to see how much it actually is, but it is smaller looking than my tablespoon one is.) Anyway, it worked perfectly and I made 45 cookies.


Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. (I used the full 13 minutes in my oven.)









Remove from the cookie sheets to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment