Friday, January 12, 2018

SAUSAGE PANCAKES w/ APPLE SAUCE

I saw this recipe for Sausage Pancakes in the morning (before I had breakfast) and thought they sounded so good. The problem though was I didn't have any bulk sausage. Not to let that get in my way of making them (and enjoying them), I told my husband we were having "breakfast for supper" that night. (We do that often.)

So later in the day, I went to the grocery store and bought some bulk sausage. They only had mild so that is what I bought. I do think hot sausage would have given them more taste, but they were good anyway. Especially since we were able to enjoy them several days. We just placed one in the toaster and that heated it up. Since I ran out of the Apple Sauce, I just spread some of my homemade peach jam on it, and that was perfect.



SAUSAGE PANCAKES

1/2       lb. pork sausage meat
1-1/2    cups flour
2          teaspoons baking powder
1/2       teaspoon salt
1          tablespoon sugar
1          egg, beaten
1-1/4    cups milk
3          tablespoons sausage drippings (or oil)


Brown sausage well and
drain on a paper towel. Set aside.


Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.


Add sausage meat and
mix lightly.


Beat egg in another bowl.
Add milk and drippings/oil. (I didn't have any drippings after cooking the sausage so I just added oil.)


Pour egg/milk mixture into the flour/sausage mixture and
stir only until the flour is moistened.


Bake on a hot griddle or skillet. (I used an ice cream scoop to dip out the batter.)


I cooked them 3 minutes on the first side (bubbles appear on pancake),
flipped them and cooked another 2 minutes.









I made 10 pancakes.

Serve with Apple Syrup.



Apple Syrup

1       cup diced apples
1/4    cup maple-flavored syrup
1/2    cup water
1/4    teaspoon cinnamon
1       tablespoon lemon juice


Combine ingredients in a small saucepan and
heat to boiling.
Reduce heat and simmer until apples are transparent, about 10 minutes, stirring.
Makes 1 cup syrup.










Virginia A. Godwin, Rochester, Mich - The Readers of Women's Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment