Tuesday, January 9, 2018

PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL BITES

I keep seeing these Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites as an ad on Facebook. I'm ready for them to advertise something else. They looked so good that I copied the recipe and decided to make them for the boys next door as a thank you/Christmas gift. Since Sean was in Europe for several weeks, it was left up to Jeff and Wyatt to keep an eye out for our place and get our mail while we were gone to CO for Christmas with our older son and his family and then when we went to southeast AR and northeast LA for services for my uncle who died while we were in CO. instead of coming directly back home. It meant we were gone for 8 days.

I love making treats for them and they are always so happy to get whatever I give them. These little "bites" are exceptional. It's hard to go wrong with peanut butter, salty pretzels and milk chocolate. Right? Right!

When I went to the store to buy pretzels, I thought I knew which pretzels to buy. When I started making the bites I realized my pretzels were way too small. The pretzel snaps I bought worked out great (perfect in my opinion) because they were just the right size to pop the whole thing in your mouth. But I was expecting to make only 25 and I made a whole lot more. (It just meant we were able to keep a few but did give most of them  to the boys.) 

One change I would make to the directions, is to refrigerate the peanut butter mixture for at least 30 minutes before assembling them. I also think they should be stored in the refrigerator. 



PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL BITES

1/2       cup peanut butter
2          tablespoons butter, softened
3/4       cup powdered sugar
1/4       cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
small pretzels
1          cup (6 - ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate morsels (I used milk chocolate chips)

In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter and butter with electric mixer until smooth.
Gradually add sugar 
until well blended. Cover mixture and refrigerate at least 30 minutes so it will be easier to work with.


Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.

Place a little (depending on the size of pretzel you are using) - 1/2 teaspoon. You don't need to measure. I started trying to measure and ended up just using a knife and putting a small amount on one of the pretzels.
Then press mixture down with another pretzel.

Place on wax paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Dip each pretzel sandwich half way down in the melted chocolate chips
(follow directions for melting on the bag - 20 minute intervals on HIGH in microwave, stir, repeat until melted.)

Knock off any excess chocolate and
place back on wax paper to let the chocolate set about 30 minutes.

Store in refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment