Friday, January 19, 2018

ORANGE-GLAZED PORK CHOPS

It was warmer yesterday - maybe even almost 40 degrees and it is supposed to be even warmer through the weekend. I am also feeling better. Not 100 % yet, but definitely an improvement over the first part of the month. I also played canasta with my quilting friends in the afternoon. Even though we lost the game, we did come back and win the revenge hands. (We managed to get in 3 hands before it was time to call it "quits" and we were fortunate enough to be ahead when we quit.)  All of that together helped improve my disposition. I am so ready to be back to "normal" or as close to that as is possible. Depression is not fun.

I used to have a sign in my classroom when I taught middle school that said - Attitude is Everything. (I have also seen the signs that add "so choose a good one".) I do believe that is so true. I also realize that sometimes circumstances make it difficult to "choose a good one". Activity helps so I am trying to find fun things to do to help. (Sometimes I still have to make myself do them, but I am sure with each day, it will get better.)

Making these Orange-Glazed Pork Chops helped also. (Even better I didn't have to "make" myself prepare them. Yay.) Anyway, they turned out so pretty and delicious - my husband really enjoyed them. Nila Towler of Baird, Texas shared this recipe for two in the Taste of Home, 2008 Annual Recipes cookbook. It was fast and easy and just the right amount for us. 


ORANGE-GLAZED PORK CHOPS

2       boneless pork loin chops 
1/2    teaspoon salt
1/8    teaspoon pepper
1       tablespoon oil
1/2    cup packed brown sugar
1/2    cup orange juice concentrate (do not dilute with water)
Hot cooked rice

Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.

Add oil to a skillet that has heated over medium high heat. Add chops and brown on each side.


Combine brown sugar and concentrate in a bowl.
Pour over chops. Bring to a boil. (This didn't take long at all since the skillet was hot.)
Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the meat juices run clear. (I cooked mine the 9 minutes.)


Serve pork chops with some of the sauce over the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment