Thursday, January 25, 2018

BEEF PATTIES with GRAVY

Tuesday night I spent a little bit of time looking through one of my cookbook (Taste of Home 2003 Annual Recipes) hoping maybe I could find something that would inspire me. I haven't been very inspired to spend much time in the kitchen lately so I am glad I found several recipes that looked promising.

I spent much of yesterday cleaning out my closet. That might have been a little misleading. I didn't clean out my whole closet but I did get the floor better organized. That was really the worst part. I already have my clothes organized. What I need to do is go through them and donate a bunch to Hillcrest Thrift Shop, but that will be for another day. I did get rid of ten pairs of shoes that I no longer wear and so many belts I just didn't count them. I didn't take a picture of before because I was too embarrassed at how it looked. It does look so good now. I can actually even see part of the floor. I did buy a shoe rack (2 shelves) at Wal-Mart that helped out a lot. Now I can find my shoes and see the floor on my side of the bed. 

One of the recipes I found to try was this Beef Patties with Gravy (from Sharon Manus of Smyrna, Tenn). I had to buy a can of Golden Mushroom soup, but I did that when I bought the shoe rack shelves. My mother loved to use Golden Mushroom soup when she baked a chuck roast. I couldn't help but think of her when I opened the can. I made it special for my husband by added minced onions to his patty since I didn't want them in mine. (He appreciated them.)



BEEF PATTIES with GRAVY

1          egg
1/2       cup soft bread crumbs
1          tablespoon finely chopped onion
1/2       lb ground beef
1          can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed Golden Mushroom soup, undiluted
2/3       cup water
Hot cooked noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes


Beat the egg and then add bread crumbs and onion.
Stir


Crumble the ground beef over the mixture and then stir to mix well.


Form into two patties.


(This is where I took one patty back and added 1/2 tablespoon minced onion.)

Brown patties in skillet over medium heat on both sides.



Combine the soup and water
and pour over browned patties.


Bring to a boil,
cover, and reduce heat to simmer.
Cook until patties are done. (I cooked them while the noodles were boiling - about 8 minutes.
I served them over cooked noodles and added extra sauce.






I made my own soft bread crumbs using two heels from a loaf of multi-grain bread. It is so easy and a lot cheaper than buying bread crumbs.
Just break up the bread and process in the blender (I used the shred setting.) until
you just have crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment