Tuesday, October 25, 2016

MIRACLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES

I am always ready to try an unusual sounding recipe for a dessert. Since my cookie jar only had a couple of cookies still in it, I checked out some of the cookie recipes I had marked to possibly try at some point.

These chocolate cookies used a cake mix for the base and then only 4 more ingredients. To me, it is a "miracle" you get such a delightful chocolate rich cookie. You could save some calories by using a sugar-free chocolate cake mix and light salad dressing.


MIRACLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES

1       box chocolate cake mix (I used a devil's food cake mix)
2      eggs
1       cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
1       cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
1/2   cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets.

Combine the cake mix, eggs, and salad dressing in a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until thoroughly blended.

Add the chips and nuts.

Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop batter about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.



Stir dough before dipping out for new cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. (I baked mine the full time in my new oven.)

Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on wire racks.




Store cookies in cookie jar with wax paper or plastic wrap between layers.

1 comment:

  1. Making these today with a dribble of melted caramel chips after they cool. No just but M&M's. Miracle Whip? Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete