Monday, October 10, 2016

EASY PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

I hope you like recipes with pumpkin as much as I do since I am sharing so many pumpkin recipes lately. Today I am sharing a super easy pumpkin cheesecake that my friend Janice made and served to us last week when the canasta group met at her house.

I haven't eaten as many sweets over the last few weeks and I had to tell her how much I enjoyed it. Several years ago my husband and I changed our lifestyle to the Sugar Buster lifestyle. My husband lost at least 25 pounds and has managed to keep it off (even though we don't stick to it as strictly as we for several years) and I actually lost more than I wanted to. After a year or two of it, I would occasionally indulge in a dessert that contained more than 5 grams of sugar in it. If I really enjoyed it, I would refer to it as a "good cheat". This easy Pumpkin Cheesecake is a "good cheat".


EASY PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

1         package (8-ounces) cream cheese
1/3     cup brown sugar
1         cup pumpkin puree
2-1/2 cups whipped topping (8-ounce carton)
1         teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1         teaspoon vanilla
1         9-inch graham cracker crumb crust.

Beat the cream cheese with the brown sugar til smooth.

Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.

Fold in the whipped topping.

Spread in a graham cracker crumb crust.

Chill for several hours before serving.


Janice squirted a little whipped topping on each piece before serving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment