Tuesday, November 10, 2015

PIZZA BITES

I am so excited about this recipe! I can't wait to try it with different add-ins! While it is probably meant to be served as an appetizer, I made the recipe for our dinner while we watched college football on television. 

I made it using sliced pepperoni that I diced up, but I think the diced pepperoni that you can buy would work better than using the sliced pepperoni and chopping it. While we were enjoying them, I suggested to my husband that I thought I would try the recipe using crushed pineapple and diced ham (that's my favorite pizza). You could also use ground sausage or beef. If you like mushrooms on your pizza, you could chop a few of them and add to the mixture. The possibilities are limitless. If you add more ingredients, be prepared to make more than 24 "bites".


PIZZA BITES

3/4       cups flour
3/4       teaspoon baking powder
1            tablespoon Italian Seasoning
3/4       cup milk
1            egg, lightly beaten
1            cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4        cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 - 1  cup diced pepperoni*
1/2 - 1   cup pizza sauce (for dipping)

*Other suggestions: cooked ground sausage, ground beef, diced ham and some crushed pineapple, chopped mushrooms, chopped peppers, olives, etc. to equal a total cup.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 24 cup mini muffin pan.

Whisk the flour, baking powder, and seasoning together in a mixing bowl.

Whisk in egg, and milk.

Stir in cheeses, and pepperoni.

Let stand for 10 minutes. (Batter will thicken.)

Stir the batter and divided evenly between the 24 mini cups.

Bake until done and golden about 20 - 25 minutes.




Heat pizza sauce in microwave until warm.

Serve the bites with the pizza sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment