Saturday, November 24, 2012

OUR BLACK FRIDAY THANKSGIVING

The dishwasher is finished, but there is much that still needs to be cleaned up before I can go to bed.  I think everyone enjoyed the meal.  I certainly enjoyed having Patrick, Lori, Madison, and Tyler in our home for dinner and play.  This was the first time they have been here since Tyler was born.  Madison found the toys in the corner but first we had to eat dinner.  (I will be posting my menu along with recipes as soon as I can.  Be looking for it.)
 
When I was taking the picture, I didn't notice that Patrick was being Patrick and wasn't looking at the camera.  (We have a picture that was taken by a professional photographer when he was 3 or 4 and everyone is looking so happy and there is Patrick looking down with his hand on his chin.  We didn't get a picture of him by himself because he totally turned around and wouldn't turn back.  He was a little more agreeable with his brother, but he still wouldn't smile.  I love you, Patrick.)  Tyler is hiding in his car seat behind Patrick.  He was asleep when they arrived.

Madison is ready to eat.  She actually started "fixing her plate" before everyone sat down, but I didn't get a picture of her then. I think Lori had taken her plate away from her when I took this picture. Since the last time we saw her, she is saying more words.  She has also started saying, "No way." when she really means no.  Neither Patrick or Lori knows where she picked that up.





Finally eating.  Yum Yum.









Tyler had his own special menu.  (Didn't look as good as what everyone else ate....just my opinion.)











Everyone finally finished eating so then it was playtime.  Yea!!!!!

Playing with Daddy's Cupid doll. (Yes, it was  Patrick's when he was little.)












Tyler playing with the doggie.






























Madison remembered how to play the piano from last Christmas.









He will soon be crawling...











He's getting more comfortable with us.












He wanted to play the piano also.










Standing on his own... with the help of the baby grand.




















 I almost got that cute dimple of his.













Madison is such a loving little girl.  She had the two baby dolls kissing each other as she rocked them.











So much fun especially playing with the blocks.















It was a perfect evening, my Black Friday Thanksgiving, with my husband and our younger son and his family.  I am surely blessed that I was able to spend this Thanksgiving with both of our sons even if it was on different days and 500 miles apart.  If you missed the pictures of our early Thanksgiving celebration in CO with Jeffrey and his family, check it out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment