Monday, October 17, 2022

BEST AIR-FRYER PORK CHOPS

 

Normally when Fall or Autumn, whichever one you call it, comes, we still are using our outdoor grill a lot. This Fall though we aren't since the grill needs a new element. That means I have to start thinking of different ways to cook meats. 

We have used our air fryer to cook a few things, but usually it is used to cook frozen meats and sweet potato fries. I did cook pork chops in it a few years ago and they really tasted good. So when I was wanting to cook some again for lunch, I thought of the air fryer.

I had no idea how I made them before, but I found a recipe online that sounded good so I didn't take the time to check to see if it was the same recipe. (It wasn't since I did check later.)

This recipe isn't anything like the other air-fryer pork chop recipe (check it out HERE.) which is good for variety. Next time I make the recipe I will reverse the measurements for the salt and pepper. Wayne and I don't like our food real salty and I recognized it immediately with the first bite. The pork chop was perfectly cooked and not dry at all. So tender, also. I only cooked two porkchops and was not sure I would have had enough rub for four porkchops as the recipe called for. Since you can only cook two porkchops at a time, we will borrow an air fryer if we make these for guests so the first two won't be cold. I did have to cook the chops 3 extra minutes because they were 1/2" to 1 " thick. They were French cut porkchops. But I checked the temperature to make sure it was 145 degrees F.

PRINT recipe.



BEST AIR-FRYER PORK CHOPS

1/2     cup grated Parmesan cheese

1        teaspoon paprika

1        teaspoon garlic powder

1/2     teaspoon salt

1        teaspoon dried parsley

1        teaspoon ground black pepper

2 to 4 boneless pork chops

extra virgin olive oil


Preheat air fryer for 3 minutes at 380 degrees F.


Coat each pork chop with olive oil. Set aside.


Combine the dry ingredients in a flat shallow dish like a pie plate with a fork to distribute/blend all the ingredients.

 


Dredge both sides of each chop

in the mixture and

set on a plate.


Place chops in the basket of the air fryer making sure they do not touch. Cook at 380 degrees F. for 10 to 13 minutes depending on the thickness of the chops.

Flip the chops halfway through the cooking time.

Check doneness with a meat thermometer (at least 145 degrees F.) Remove from air fryer.


Allow chops to rest on a plate for 5 minutes before serving. This is the other pork chop. It was smaller than the other one. I ate it and Wayne ate the bigger one.



No comments:

Post a Comment