Wednesday, September 14, 2022

OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES

 It's true I'm not baking as much as I used to, but I haven't given it up completely. And because I am back on Sugar Busters I am trying to find recipes that I can make sugar-free or no-sugar-added so that I can keep my sugar at 5 grams per serving or less. I also have to avoid using enriched flour

This recipe from my Pillsbury Healthy-Baking cookbook fits my requirements. I wanted to use Old-Fashioned oats because they are better than using quick oats, but I stayed with the quick oats.

I have to say this oatmeal raisin cookie tastes as good as a regular oatmeal raisin cookie. Guess it is good that the recipe made 3 dozen cookies. I think Wayne will be eating a lot of them.

PRINT RECIPE




OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES

3/4   cup sugar (I used stevia)

1/4    cup firmly packed brown sugar (I used truvia brown sugar complete)

1/2    cup (1 stick) butter, softened

1/2    teaspoon vanilla

1       egg

3/4    cup flour (I used whole wheat flour)

1/2    teaspoon baking soda

1/2    teaspoon cinnamon

1/4    teaspoon salt

1-1/2 cups quick-cooking roll oats

1/2    cup raisins

1/2    cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets. Set aside.


In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, and butter;

beat until light and fluffy.

Add vanilla and egg,

blend well. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.

Stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.

Add to butter/sugar mixture and

mix well.

Stir in oats, raisins, and nuts.


Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets.

(I also used my cookie scoop and flattened the dough slightly with my fingers. I liked the result.)

Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing the cookies

to a wire rack to cool completely.









For HIGH ALTITUDE - Above 3500 Feet: Increase flour to 1 cup. Bake as directed.

(whole wheat/grain and no-sugar-added)

No comments:

Post a Comment