Monday, January 17, 2022

CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES

 We finally have a Snowflake Contest winner. That means we had officially at least1 inch of snow. I don't know if this is the latest in the winter that it has happened. We have only been here 13 years. Our weather has gotten a little crazier every year since we moved here. We barely got an inch of rain in November. But we did get about 3 inches of snow that started Friday evening late and ended by noon Saturday. We did start with rain so that meant we had ice under the snow. That made it a little slippery going to church yesterday morning. I just made sure I drove home a different way. The sun came out during lunch so it turned into a pretty day.

When I sat down last night to writeup this post, I almost thought I wasn't going to be able to because I couldn't find the cookbook that the recipe was in. But I did so that was good.

I made these brownies for the canasta group back in November when I was the hostess. I'm not sure why I am just now getting around to sharing it. I forgot to pull a knife through the mixture in the pan, but the ladies said they liked it the way I made it. I used 1/3 less fat Neufchatel cheese. 



CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES

Brownies:

1     box fudge brownie mix (9 x 13" size)

1/4  cup water

1/2  cup oil

2     large eggs

Cream Cheese Mix :

1     (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened or at room temperature (I used 1/3 less fat Neufchatel cheese)

 5     tablespoons butter, room temperature

1/3   cup sugar

2      large eggs

2      tablespoons flour


Preheat oven to temperature called for on the brownie box. Grease or spray a 9 x 13" pan and set aside.


Mix brownie mix, water, oil, and eggs together.

Set aside.


Beat together the cream cheese mix by starting with the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and flour until it is nice and smooth.



Add eggs and beat until smooth.



Set aside.


Pour half of the brownie mixture in the pan.

Drop the cream cheese mix using a teaspoon over the brownie mix to cover evenly.

Pour the remaining brownie mixture to cover the cream cheese mixture. 


Bake for 28 - 30 minutes.

Cool in pan on a wire rack.

Cut into bars when ready to serve.











I couldn't believe this hand I was dealt and wanted the ladies to know what I had had so I took a picture of it to show them afterwards.




No comments:

Post a Comment