Monday, April 20, 2020

YOU'VE BEEN EGGED!!!!!

I am finally making time to share with you the fun experience we had with our MO grandkids, Madison and Tyler before Easter but keeping our social distancing. I saw the idea when Wayne's cousin's wife Mary shared it on Facebook from their Franklin County (Tenn) newspaper. I thought it was just the cutest thing and especially this year since we are staying safe and keeping our distance from family and friends.

Fortunately I had plenty of plastic Easter eggs from past years so that wasn't a problem. I didn't have much candy though but I did have a few stickers. I always save stickers that I get in the mail. I couldn't find the newspaper article re the activity and only had the picture that the newspaper had shared so I'm not sure what they stuffed in the eggs.

I decided I would put 25 cents in each egg in various amounts of coins for sure. Then I cut apart the stickers and came up about 8 short. In those eggs I added a small piece of wrapped chocolate.

I had bought some darling cardboard "basket" at an estate sale that worked out perfectly for them to use when hunting for the eggs. I decided to put three one dollar bills under the colored grass in each basket. I would have put more but since we have been staying home and not spending much money, that's all we had at the time. 

We made arrangements with our son Patrick and his wife Lori to make sure the kids were in the back part of the house watching a movie or something so they would accidentally discover us in the front yard hiding the eggs and went up there just before sunset on Friday night before Easter. Patrick came out while we were there so he could see the boundaries in the front yard. When we finished and were getting ready to leave, I stopped and told him I needed a hug. We hugged each other and said we loved each other and as I stepped away, it hit me all of sudden about the social distancing. For just a few seconds I totally forgot. It was wonderful! 😊  

I wrote the kids this letter and left it with the baskets so they would know the next morning what we had done. They were so surprised and had a great time. Would have been nice to have been there to see them, but hopefully next year. Hope you enjoy the pictures that I took and those Patrick and Lori sent me.











No comments:

Post a Comment