Thursday, September 18, 2014

GOLDEN PEACH COBBLER

When we were in CO recently visiting our older son and his family, King Sooper, a grocery store they have, had Colorado peaches for 99 cents/lb.  I decided to buy a 20 lb box but left half of them with dil Sara.  I would have brought them all home, but knew I would be busy enough with 10 lbs of peaches, the apples we had picked at the Happy Apple Farm, and the pears I knew would be getting ripe on our pear tree at home.

So far I have frozen three "batches" ...  3-1/2 to 4 cups/batch of peaches.  They are so pretty and I will be able to enjoy desserts with that fresh peach taste later in the year.  You can see how to freeze fresh peaches HERE .  

Today when I was freezing some of them, I decided to make this Golden Peach Cobbler that I saw in one of Sara's cookbooks, Gooseberry Patch Fall, Family, & Friends.  Contributed by Jennifer Vallimont of Kersey, PA, it is made in a slow cooker so that was nice since I was busy doing other stuff.




GOLDEN PEACH COBBLER

1/3     cup biscuit baking mix
2/3    cup quick - cooking oats, uncooked
1/2     cup brown sugar, packed (I used 1/4 cup brown sugar blend)
1         teaspoon cinnamon
4        cups sliced peaches
1/2     cup peach juice or water (I did use water)

Combine the baking mix, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a slow cooker.


Stir in the peaches and juice or water.


Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.



If desired, remove lid for last 30 minutes to crisp the top.


Serve with ice cream.

Serves 4 to 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment