Tuesday, December 19, 2023

QUICK CHOCOLATE SOFTIES

 My last post was over a week ago. In it I described my hectic prior week. I'm glad that doesn't happen often. I personally couldn't take it, I think. Well, not too long after that I came down with what the doctor described as a viral cold. I was given a 6-dosepack and had a pretty rough week. I'm finished with the pack. My cough is better, but not gone. My sinuses are still over-active, but I'm learning to take it slowly even though it is the last week before Christmas.

I managed to make these cookies before I got sick but just never got around to sharing them with you. They were so good and rich tasting with chocolate. I did use a zero sugar devil's food cake mix, but then I didn't have any  no-sugar-added white baking chips so I had to tell people visiting the Cafe Treats at church that they were limited sugar. They didn't seem to mind.

I, of course, omitted the nuts since the Cafe Treats is a nut-free zone. I'm sure they would have made the cookies even better.



PRINT RECIPE.

QUICK CHOCOLATE SOFTIES

1     package devil's food cake mix (I used a zero sugar one)

1/3  cup water

1/4  cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened

1     large egg

1     cup white chocolate baking chips

1/2  cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.


Combine the cake mix, water, butter, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed until moistened. Increase the speed to medium and beat 1 minute.


Stir in the chips and nuts, if you are using them.

Mix until well blended.

Drop dough using a tablespoon cookie scoop onto cookie sheets 2 inches apart.


Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cookies will be puffy.


Allow the baked cookies to cool 1 minute before

removing to cool on a wire rack. Cookies will flatten during this minute. Cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment