Thursday, March 16, 2023

NO BAKE CHERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP PIE

 Tuesday was PI Day - 3.14. I was able to enjoy a piece of Cherry Pie at Golden Corral, but then went home and made this delicious No Bake Cherry Chocolate Chip Pie to take to Friend Fran's house yesterday for dessert with the canasta group. It required you to refrigerate the pie for at least four hours so I made it the day before. I always like to do that to make sure the pie sets up.

I think the pie is one of the prettiest one I have ever made.


As I usually do, I reduced the sugar and or calories as much as I could or wanted to by using a No-Sugar-Added Cherry Pie Filling, 1/3 Less Fat Neufchatel Cheese, and Zero Sugar whipped topping. I bought Truvia powdered sugar recently but didn't use it for this recipe. Everyone at canasta really enjoyed it.

It was so easy to make also, which is always important to me.

PRINT recipe.

NO BAKE CHERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP PIE

1     ready made chocolate pie crust

1     (8-ounce) package softened cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat Neufchatel cheese at room temperature.)

1      (20-ounce) can cherry pie filling (I  used a No-Sugar-Add can)

1       cup powdered sugar

1       cup thawed whipped topping (I used Zero-Sugar whipped topping)

1-1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips, divided


Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.



Fold in the cherry pie filling until completely blended.


Fold in the cup of whipped topping completely.


Add 1 cup of the mini-chocolate chips


Spread into the pie crust.


Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.


Refrigerate four hours before serving. (I made mine the day  before.)









Refrigerate any leftover.

2 comments: