Friday, May 6, 2022

APPLE SPICE MUFFINS

 I have been so busy writing tutorials for the different blocks I made for the 30-Exchange Quilt Block Group that I have let my recipes on the side. The only problems is if I wait too long, I can't find the cookbook or recipe. BUT the good news is I did find the recipe for these delicious Apple Spice Muffins that I made for Wayne's friend (and mine) on his birthday. They just happened to be playing golf that afternoon so while I was making some quick biscuits for breakfast, Wayne asked me if I could make some cupcakes or muffins that he could take to the group. 

Since my time was limited I had to find something quick and also solicited Wayne's help. He ended up chopping the apple and pecans for me. I was taking the second pan out of the oven when he said he needed to go. 

Get a Printable copy of just the recipe HERE.



APPLE SPICE MUFFINS

1       package plain spice cake mix (no pudding included)

1-1/3 cups buttermilk

1/2    cup oil

 3      large eggs

1       teaspoon maple flavoring

1       cup finely chopped apple (peeled)

1/4    cup packed light brown sugar

1/4    cup finely chopped pecans

1/2    teaspoon ground cinnamon


Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 22 cupcake cups with nonstick cooking spray and set the pans aside.


Place the cake mix, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and maple flavoring in a large mixing bowl and

stir with a wooden spoon until the eggs or beaten and the ingredients are just incorporated. Set the batter aside.


Place the apple in a small bowl along with the brown sugar, pecans, and the cinnamon. Stir to combine.


Spoon or scoop two tablespoons of batter into the prepared cupcake pan. A tablespoon scoop works great for this.


Then place a heaping teaspoon of the apple mixture

on top of the batter in the cups.

Repeat with 2 more scoopfuls of batter on top.

Top with another heaping teaspoon of the apple mixture. 


Place the pan in the oven and bake the muffins until the tops spring back when lightly pressed with a finger, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.

Run a dinner knife around the edge of the muffins and lift them carefully from the pan using the end of the knife, and

place them on the wire rack to finish cooling.


I had just enough extra batter and apple mixture to make a single layer mini bundt muffin for the birthday boy.









Store the muffins in a cake saver or under a glass dome, at room temperature for up to three days. You can also freeze the muffins for up to 3 months. I placed some on a small cookie sheet and quick froze them in the freezer. Then I placed them in a ziplock bag to enjoy later. Let the muffins thaw overnight on the counter before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment