Monday, February 9, 2015

RED VELVET OATMEAL COOKIES

A week or so ago when we were enjoying a warm winter day, I decided it was time to organize my "pantry" in the garage. My pantry in the kitchen just isn't big enough. Since then, I have been trying to use some of the items I had forgotten I had.

That's why yesterday afternoon I decided to experiment with some cookies using a Red Velvet cake mix I had. I have made cookies before using a cake mix and liked the results. You can check them out HERE. They are great for St. Patrick's Day and even Valentine's Day. And the best part is they are so fast and easy to make.

Since Saturday is Valentine's Day, I thought the Red Velvet cake mix would make a perfect cookie for the week....assuming they last that long. I decided to try some quick oats this time. You could always add some chopped nuts if you like or even some coconut. But they taste pretty good just as I made them.



RED VELVET OATMEAL COOKIES

1        Red Velvet cake mix (16.5 oz) (extra moist but no pudding in the mix)
2       large eggs
1/2    cup canola oil
1        cup quick oats
sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.


Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and with mixer on low (stir) beat til thoroughly combined. Batter is thick.


Using a cookie scoop, fill scoop and flatten dough on the side of the bowl.


Drop the scoop of dough in a small container of sugar and flatten slightly to coat top of dough.


Place on cookie sheet (12 on the sheet).


Bake for 10 minutes.

Cool 2 minutes before
removing to finish cooling on wire rack.


Recipe makes 3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment