Wednesday, April 24, 2024

BANANA CREAM COOKIES

 Since I have all of those bananas to use up for Cafe Treats, I continue to be on the lookout for tasty looking treats using bananas and the more the merrier. This recipe only used one banana, but result was so delicious, it's okay. (I'll just be making treats with bananas a little while longer.)

I must admit it took me trips to several different grocery stores to find the banana cream instant pudding mix, but I did. I also bought two boxes so I would have an extra one to make the cookies again if they turned out good.

One person thought the white baking chips were macadamia nuts, but I reminded them the Cafe Treats was a nut-free zone. They were pleased when I told them it was white baking chips. The recipe made almost 5 dozen cookies so I did keep just a few for our cookie jar.


PRINT RECIPE.

BANANA CREAM COOKIES

1/2     cup (1 stick) butter, softened

1        cup sugar

1/2     cup smashed banana (about 1 banana)

1        3.4 oz package banana cream instant pudding mix

2        large eggs

2-1/2  cups flour

1/2     teaspoon baking soda

1/2     teaspoon salt

2        cups (12 oz package) white baking chips


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.


Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.


Combine the butter and sugar and mix with an electric mixer til smooth.


Add the smashed banana, dry pudding mix, and eggs. Mix until ingredients are smooth.


Add the dry ingredients slowly to the mixing bowl and mix  until dry ingredients are moistened. 


Add the white baking chips.


Scoop the dough using a small (tablespoon) cookie scoop and drop dollops about 2 inches apart.

If you like flatter cookies you can then lightly flatten with your fingers. 


Bake for 10 minutes or until slight golden. Cool baked cookies for two or three minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment