Monday, January 18, 2016

S'MORES IN A MUG

You know those times when you just want a little "treat"? For me, that usually means "chocolate"! 

I recently saw several recipes from Betty Crocker for treats in a mug. I tried the Cinnamon-Banana-Nut Mug Muffin and it was very really good. I would definitely recommend it. I actually ate it for breakfast. The recipe makes two so my husband also was able to enjoy it.

The other one that really caught my eye was called S'mores in a Mug. It sounded even better than the banana one, but in a different way. This one sounded truly like dessert but in a smaller portion.

Well, I made it Friday night and immediately wanted to make another one. (This recipe only makes 1 serving.) BUT I stayed in control. I just fixed another one Saturday. 

I think this will be one of those "go - to" recipes when I don't have anything sweet in the house and want just a little treat. The recipe makes one serving.


S'MORES IN A MUG

1/3       cup dry fudge brownie mix
1           tablespoon fat-free liquid egg product
1           tablespoon oil
1           teaspoon water
2          tablespoons miniature marshmallow (It's hard to measure. I just took out a few.)
2          teaspoons crushed graham crackers
1           teaspoon miniature chocolate chips


Spray a mug (no more than 12 ounces) with cooking spray.


In a small bowl, stir the brownie mix, egg product, oil, and water til smooth.


Pour into mug and 
cook in the microwave on HIGH for about 45 seconds. You want the top to be set and a toothpick to come out almost clean when inserted in the center.


Immediately top with the chips, cracker crumbs, and marshmallows.

Let stand for 1 minute.


Eat immediately!


Trust me...it won't take you long to eat it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment