Wednesday, January 13, 2016

CINNAMON BANANA NUT MUG MUFFIN

I am on the email list for Betty Crocker and receive recipes several times a week. Often it appears that the recipes are new. I say this because there will be no reviews and ratings. 

Last week the featured recipes in one of the emails I got was for four or five different "mug" and microwave treats. I checked them out and decided there were two of them I definitely wanted to try.

Saturday after getting home from walking in the Y with my friend Janice, I noticed my husband had not used all of the egg beaters. He told me I could use them if I needed to. He meant for me to make an omelet or something, but I told him I had another idea.

Well, the Cinnamon Banana Nut Mug Muffin are just the cutest thing! Besides being low calorie, they are so delicious. I even made them using stevia instead of sugar. I wanted to use more than a tablespoon of chopped nuts, but I didn't. If you like nutty muffins though, I would say go for it. 

One thing I really like about these little muffins is you make them up when you want to eat them. You don't have a mix that you store and forget about. I can't wait to try the S'mores Mug one. Will let you know how it turns out.

I do have to say that the picture Betty Crocker used was misleading. They said to use a 12-ounce mug and then their cooked muffin almost filled the mug. You might want to use a smaller mug/cup if that is what you want. My finished muffin filled maybe half of the mug if that much. BUT it was delicious....and just the right amount for me.



CINNAMON BANANA NUT MUG MUFFIN

1/3       cup biscuit mix
3          tablespoons sugar (stevia works fine)
1/4       teaspoon cinnamon
1/4       cup mashed banana (about 1/2 banana)
1           tablespoon butter, melted
1           tablespoon egg beaters
1/8       teaspoon vanilla
1           tablespoon chopped nuts


Spray a 12 - oz mug with non-stick cooking spray.


In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar, and cinnamon.


Add the banana, butter, egg beaters, and vanilla.

Stir til well mixed.


Stir in the nuts.


Divide the batter evenly (about 1/3 cup) between the two mugs.


Cooking one at a time, cook on HIGH for 45 - 60 seconds. The top will be set and the muffin will be pulled away from the sides of the mug.


Rest it 1 minute and then enjoy it warm right from the mug. You can drizzle a little melted butter on top if you like.

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment