Monday, June 20, 2022

FRUITY CINNAMON ROLL CASSEROLE

"That recipe is definitely a keeper!" exclaimed my husband as he came into the room. That is not something I can remember his ever saying before. "Keeper" is a word I use, but Wayne? I don't think so. But it is just the word for this recipe.

I have had the ingredients for it for probably a month but always had a reason not to make it when I saw the refrigerated cinnamon rolls in the fridge. I used cherry pie filling, but apple would be great; even blueberry pie filling. I think I have even seen strawberry pie filling. That's why I called it "Fruity".

If you wanted to make this for breakfast, you could prepare it the evening before and just store it in the fridge til the next morning and then bake it. Your family probably will love you forever!



FRUITY CINNAMON ROLL CASSEROLE

2     refrigerated cinnamon roll packages with frosting 

1     can fruit pie filling - I used cherry pie filling* 


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Put aside.


Open the cinnamon rolls and cut each roll into fourths or sixths.

Place in a large mixing bowl.


Add the cherry pie filling by small spoonfuls to the cut-up rolls. Carefully combine.

Then add several more spoonfuls, combine, and

repeat until all have been added.

Spoon into prepared baking dish.


Bake for about 30 minutes.

Drizzle the packaged frosting over the top. (I only used one package because I didn't want any more sugar than what it already contained.)

Serve while still warm or cold. (I sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on top before eating.)


I added a scoop of ice cream to my serving.









*You can use apple pie filling (cut apple slices into smaller pieces), blueberry pie filling, peach pie filling, (cut the peach slices up also), and strawberry pie filling.



And to think I made it with just two ingredients - 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, I’m getting ready to make this wonderful-looking recipe for the weekend, and I thought I’d share that I was able to find ‘no sugar added’ cherry pie filling in my local Walmart today. The sugar grams are 20 for the original and 4 for the ‘no sugar added’. I may use both the frostings to make sure I didn’t cut out too much sugar. Thanks for this easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad. I buy the no sugar added apple there also. Have fun this weekend. Patricia

      Delete
  2. Aldi sells fried apples with cinnamon. They’re seasonal. I found mine in the store where canned fruit is located. I might try those in this recipe.
    https://www.today.com/food/aldi-fans-love-canned-fried-apples-here-s-how-used-t231209

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them. I'm sure they would taste fabulous in the recipe. Thanks. Patricia

      Delete