Wednesday, March 20, 2024

PINEAPPLE-OATMEAL COOKIES

 

Crushed pineapple makes anything taste better. I can't think of a thing with pineapple in it that I didn't like. Breads, cakes, cookies, and bars especially taste so sweet and moist when pineapple is added.

Wayne loves to buy a whole pineapple and then cut it up into chunks. Last week I found myself eating a tossed salad each day. Adding a little of his pineapple chunks made it so tasty. 

Cafe Treats Baker June sent me the recipe earlier in the week before she brought the cookies to church. I could hardly wait until Sunday to get to try one. AND I wasn't disappointed. The cookie was so moist, sweet, and just downright yummy. The bad thing was I could only eat one so there would be plenty left for the patrons.

I'm going to have to make some of these for us to eat at home. Wayne loves pineapple, too, after all.



PRINT RECIPE.

PINEAPPLE-OATMEAL COOKIES

1/2    cup shortening

1       cup sugar

1/4    teaspoon cinnamon

1/8    teaspoon nutmeg

1       unbeaten egg

1       cup crushed pineapple, undrained

1       cup flour

1/2    teaspoon salt

1/2    teaspoon baking soda

1-1/2 cups oats

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets. Set aside.

Cream together the shortening, sugar, and spices until fluffy.

Beat in egg.

Stir in pineapple.

Combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Add to mixture.

Add the oats and mix well.

Drop by teaspoons on cookie sheets.

Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.

Let cool before removing them the cookie sheets to a wire rack.

Makes 4 dozen cookies.

(Separate layers with wax paper when storing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment