Monday, March 11, 2024

LEE'S CHOCOLATE CAPPUCCINO BROWNIES

 

Cafe Treats Baker Lee made these Chocolate Cappuccino Brownies a few weeks ago. I was anxious to write up the recipe for a post because everyone said they were so good. (I admit I don't like coffee so I didn't eat one, but I trust they were good because they didn't last long and Wayne ate one and said they were good. He also said they weren't very strong with the coffee taste.)

I had the recipe finished and realized there wasn't an ingredient that would have made them cappuccino. I reread Lee's written recipe to make sure I didn't make a mistake. Nope, I didn't. I sent Lee a text asking him if he had omitted an ingredient from the recipe, but he didn't answer me back. I finally was able to see him at church yesterday and he told me he had left out the espresso powder. He thought he had added a teaspoon, but said he would check the recipe at home and let me know.

Right after lunch I received an email from him saying he was wrong about the amount. He said the original recipe called for 2-1/4 teaspoons but that he had reduced it to 1-1/2 teaspoons. That is probably why my husband said it wasn't strong with the coffee taste. I will leave it up to you as to the amount you use when you make the brownies. 

I do hope you will give the recipe a try. 



PRINT RECIPE.

CHOCOLATE CAPPUCCINO BROWNIES

For the brownie layer:

4          oz  fine quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped

6          tablespoons unsalted butter, grated

3/4       cup sugar

1          teaspoon vanilla

2          large eggs

1/2       cup all-purpose flour

1/4       teaspoon salt

2-1/4    teaspoons of espresso powder (Lee only used 1-1/2 teaspoons)



For the cream cheese frosting:

4          oz cream cheese, softened

3          tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

3/4       cup confectioners' sugar

1/2       teaspoon vanilla

1/2       teaspoon cinnamon


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8 - in pan. Remove any excess flour. Set aside.

Melt the chocolate with the butter over low heat in the microwave. Blend until smooth.

Whisk in the sugar and vanilla.

Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until mixture is glossy and smooth.

Stir in the flour, salt, and espresso powder until blended well.

Spread the batter evenly into the pan and bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a rack.

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.

Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon and beat until well combined.

Spread evenly over the brownie layer.

Chill for at least one hour before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment