Monday, January 29, 2024

SANDI'S OATMEAL APPLE MUFFINS

 The Kansas City Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl again, the fourth time in the last five years! I just had to get that off my chest!

I know all of you might not be professional football fans, but I just had to express my excitement. We haven't had our best regular season year, but you can't ever give up on the Chiefs. 

That's a good lesson for a lot of things.

I've been quiet for over a week, but after yesterday and the delicious Cafe Treats we served at church, I will have some recipes to share this week. I even found myself in the kitchen on Thursday afternoon making some cookies for just us.  I say for just us, they were so delicious I decided to take a dozen of them over to one of our neighbors. I will be sharing that recipe later this week.

Today's recipe is my good friend and fellow baker's recipe I named Sandi's Oatmeal Apple Muffins. She sent me a text earlier last week saying she would make some really scrumptious no bake butterscotch cookies for the Cafe Treats for Sunday. Then when she brought them to me on Saturday, she told me she had decided to make these Oatmeal Apple Mini-muffins and then take some of them to her mother who is in rehab after being in the hospital for several days. She said she had made them for her daddy and made them sugar-free but didn't this time.

 I checked them out but refrained from doing a taste testing until Sunday after I gave people a chance to select them. It was really hard too. A man who dropped by the Cafe asked what they were and I told him along with the names of some of the other choices and he said, "I think I will try one of these. They are speaking to me." I thought that was cute.

It would be easy to make them with no sugar added by substituting a zero sugar yellow cake mix, no-sugar-added applesauce and apple juice.

They were super delicious. I loved the added crunch from the chopped apples too. Hope you will give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed whether you made them with or without the sugar added ingredients.

PRINT RECIPE.


SANDI'S OATMEAL APPLE MUFFINS

1     yellow cake mix

3     eggs

1     cup applesauce

1     cup quick oats

1/2  cup apple juice or cider

1     teaspoon cinnamon

1     large finely chopped apple

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, thoroughly stir together all of the ingredients until well blended.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.

Bake mini muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or regular sized muffins for 25 to 30 minutes.

Recipe will make 48 mini-muffins or 24 regular sized muffins.

Note: You may substitute a zero sugar yellow cake mix and unsweetened or no-sugar-added applesauce and apple juice


No comments:

Post a Comment