Tuesday, January 16, 2024

JEAN'S MINT CHOCOLATE DREAM COOKIES

 It has taken me a few weeks to get the recipe from Friend Jean for these awesome Mint Chocolate Dream Cookies, but she has finally come through for me. 

These last few of extremely low temperatures with especially low wind chill that is has been difficult to make myself do anything. I have managed to do at least one thing each day, but otherwise I have spent/wasted a lot of time in my recliner along with either Charlie, or Parker, or both. The are having a hard time getting the energy to run around and/or chase after each other. One day Parker got up between the floors from the laundry room and we couldn't find him anywhere. When I finally discovered where he was, we had difficulty getting him down. Wayne had to remove a short support board so Parker had enough room to get out. He was coming down from a different place than where he went up. (We did finally discover how he managed to get up there.)

Anyway, I can't say enough about how delicious these cookies were that Jean made for the Cafe Treats. I was hoping they wouldn't all be eaten, but they were. In fact, before second service was half over, everything was gone.

The only change I could suggest is using a zero sugar devil's food cake mix to reduce some of the sugar, but you definitely want to use the Andes Mint chocolate candy. I may just have to make some of these myself. If you can't find the Andes Mint Chips, you can chop up the smaller individually wrapped Mints to make 3/4 cup.

PRINT RECIPE.



MINT CHOCOLATE DREAM COOKIES

1      pkg devil's food cake mix

2      eggs

1/2   cup oil

1      teaspoon mint extract

1      cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

3/4   cup mint chocolate bits

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, and extract. 

Mix on low speed for 1 minute or until well blended. Dough will be stiff.

Stir in the chocolate chips and chocolate mint bits.

Drop dough by 1 tablespoon cookie scoop about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 8 or 9 minutes or until firm around the edges.

Cool for 1 minute before removing from sheet to wire rack to finish cooling.

Here are some pictures of our "children", Charlie and Parker.











"OUCH"











I've also been working on two Blankets of Hope... Unfortunately, the weather prevented the group from meeting last week so I've not been able to finish them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment