Monday, April 4, 2016

GOLDEN THUMBPRINTS

Just a little over a week ago I shared with you a recipe for Crispy Thumbprint Cookies. The recipe called for the usual jam in the "thumbprint", but it said you could also use Andes Mint Candies cut in half. Since I had a package that I had bought back before Christmas that I had not used yet, I decided to use that suggestion. These also contained rice crispy cereal that gave them the "crispy" taste.

You could imagine my surprise when we gathered at Friend Dorothy's for canasta last week and she had made traditional Thumbprint Cookies. She showed me the recipe so I could share it with you here. They were really good, not crunchy, but I enjoyed the jam taste and the softer cookie.



GOLDEN THUMBPRINTS

1/2       cup butter or margarine
1/3       cup light brown sugar
1           egg - separated
1/2       teaspoon vanilla
1           cup all-purpose flour
1/4       teaspoon salt
3/4      cup finely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Cream together the butter, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla.

Stir in the flour and salt.

Roll dough into 1 inch ball. (A cookie scoop would measure the right amount.)

Dip the ball into the slightly beaten egg white and then roll in the nuts to coat.

Place on an ungreased cookie sheet 5 minutes.

Remove from oven and indent each cookie with your thumb.

Bake 8 minutes longer.

Cool and fill centers with your favorite jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment