Monday, February 26, 2024

MOM'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Believe it or not, it has been a while since I last bought a cookbook at an estate sale. Friend Janice and I went to an estate sale on Thursday and I didn't even look long enough at the titles to see if I might find one or two that looked like good ones. Janice was so proud of me.

Saturday morning after breakfast (I made my awesome buttermilk biscuits), we drove up to Platte City to the home of our grandchildren's godparents to buy some eggs from them. The weather has been so unseasonably warm that the eggs started laying again. I thought we were going to go there and come straight back home, but I mentioned there was an estate sale in town that had started the day before and my husband said we could go.

I wouldn't have bought the two cookbooks if Wayne hadn't strongly questioned me about not finding anything in the kitchen that interested me. So I went back through and picked up two cookbooks that I had noticed the title of but didn't actually pick them up and look through them. When I did, I couldn't resist them. 

This recipe came from the one entitled Taste of Home Grandma's Favorites, 2023. It is one of those cookbooks with inviting pictures of some of the recipes. That kind of cookbook is hard for me to pass up. Be prepared for my sharing some of them in the near future.

The added instant pudding in these chocolate chip cookies helps create a softer, slightly different tasting chocolate chip cookie.



 

PRINT RECIPE.

MOM'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1       cup butter, softened (2 sticks)

3/4    cup packed light brown sugar

1/4    cup sugar

1       package (4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding mix

2       large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten

1       teaspoon vanilla extract

2-1/4 cups flour

1       teaspoon baking soda

2       cups chocolate chips (I used dark cacao)


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. 


In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes.


Add the pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla.


Combine the flour and baking soda and

then slowly add to the creamed mixture and mix well.


Fold in the chocolate chips.


Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough and place on ungreased cookie sheet. (I lined my sheets with parchment paper.)

My cookies didn't flatten much so I pressed the scoop slightly with my fingers.


Bake until lightly browned 10 to 12 minutes. 


Cool slightly and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.


No comments:

Post a Comment