Monday, February 12, 2024

JO ANN'S COWBOY COOKIES

 

As I sit writing this post waiting for the Super Bowl game to start later this afternoon, I'm also enjoying a PBS special called GOSPEL Live, I'm glad I decided to add it to my library so I can rewatch it again. If you enjoy gospel music, I recommend that you check it out.

I couldn't wait to share this recipe with you. I heard compliments from several people this morning at church for these cookies. When Baker Jo Ann brought them in this morning, she said she had a question. She said she had never made the recipe before and said was so disappointed that they were thinner than she wanted them to be and wondered why. I told her they looked perfect to me, but I did attempt to answer her question. I asked her if she used butter in them and she said she did. Cookies made with butter generally spread while cookies made using shortening, don't. If you don't want your cookies to spread as much when using butter, place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour before scooping out the dough and baking them. 

As I said, I thought they were perfect and can't wait to make them myself. Hope you will also.

GO CHIEFS!!!




PRINT RECIPE.

COWBOY COOKIES

2     cups flour

1     teaspoon baking powder

1     teaspoon baking soda

1/2  teaspoon salt

1     cup butter, softened (2 sticks)

1     cup brown sugar

1     cup sugar

2     eggs

1     teaspoon vanilla

2     cups old-fashioned oats

1     cups chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

Cream together the butter, sugars until smooth and light.

Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.

Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture to combine.

Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.

Using a small 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop scoops of dough on cooking sheet at least 2 inches apart, enough for them to spread as they bake.

Bake for 9 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets a few minutes before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment