Wednesday, February 21, 2024

CRUNCHY KRISPIE COOKIES

A couple of weeks ago my husband asked me who had bought the Fruity Pebbles cereal he found in the pantry. I told him I had bought them to make Rice Krispie Treats but didn't use the whole box. I had planned to use the rest in a different recipe eventually.

Eventually came sooner than I expected when I was looking through some recipe cards looking for a recipe to make for the Cafe Treats and found this recipe from a long time ago for Crunchy Krispie Cookies using what else, but Fruity Pebbles. So that Saturday I found myself in my kitchen making Crunchy Krispie Cookies.

Crunchy is definitely a perfect name for them. The next day at church I saw our lead pastor eating something on her way to the service and I asked her which treat she chose. She showed me and I told her what they were called. She said she had looked everything over and decided she couldn't pass up the Fruity Pebbles. We both shared a laugh.

If you like Fruity Pebbles too, you might want to give this recipe a try.

 PRINT RECIPE.


CRUNCHY KRISPIE COOKIES

1       stick (1/2 cup) margarine, softened (I used unsalted butter)

1/2    cup brown sugar

1/2    cup white sugar

1       egg

1/2    teaspoon vanilla

1/4    teaspoon almond flavoring (I used 3/4 teaspoon vanilla)

3/4    cup flour

1/2    teaspoon baking soda

1/2    teaspoon salt

1       cup quick oats

2       cups Krispie cereal (I used Fruity Pebbles)

1/2    cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.


In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.

Add the egg and flavoring and

beat well to combine.


Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; add to the creamed mixture.


Mix in the oatmeal and cereal.



May add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.


I added 1/2 cup white baking chips.


Scoop out dough using a tablespoon cookie scoop and place on cookie sheet. (The mixture is fairly crumbly but the "globs" baked well even if they looked crumbly.)


Bake for 10 minutes.

Allow to cool for at least a minute before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack.


Makes 3 to 4 dozen


No comments:

Post a Comment