Tuesday, September 12, 2017

(CHERRY) 7 UP CAKE (SUGAR FREE)


We spent a delightful week in Bella Vista, AR last week. When I was preparing and gathering things to take with us, I thought I would make a cake right after we got there to have and enjoy during the week. I saw this 7 - Up Cake in Abe & Edna Miller's From the Rolling Hills of Holmes County Down Home Cookin' cookbook. The saw that the ingredients were not many and so would be easy to transport. Mrs. Miller didn't make the cake sugar free, but because I knew it would just be my husband and me eating the cake, I needed to make it sugar free. I "wrote" the words in italics in the list of ingredients that made it sugar free. If you don't want to make it sugar free, just skip over those words. Make sure you use a cake mix that doesn't include the pudding in the mix. The cake is so light tasting. I added the whipped topping "frosting". I thought that was an easy way to finish off the cake.




(CHERRY) 7 UP CAKE (SUGAR FREE)

1        yellow (sugar free) cake mix
1        box (sugar free) vanilla instant pudding
4       eggs
1        12 - oz can (Diet Cherry) 7 - Up
3/4    cup cooking oil
1        8 - ounce container (Sugar Free) whipped topping



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 


Combine the cake mix and pudding mix with a whisk in large mixing bowl.


Add eggs and oil and
stir til well blended.


Pour in 7 - Up and
fold in until
completely blended. (It will take a while, but don't rush it by stirring the mixture.)


Pour batter into a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan. (I used an aluminum pan I bought because I didn't have a 9 x 13 - inch pan in the condo. It did not require any prepping with shortening or cooking spray.)


Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or til done. (I did bake mine just 30 minutes.)


Cool completely on wire rack.


"Frost" with (Sugar Free) whipped topping.





Cover and store in the refrigerator.

I plan to share some pictures of our week later this week. Hope you will come back and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment