Friday, February 17, 2017

PEANUT BUTTER BANANA OAT PROTEIN BALLS

If you follow my blog or have read many of my posts, you know that lunch is a difficult meal for me. I try to avoid processed meats, so I don't eat sandwiches often. In the past I have made protein cookies or balls and that works well. I can join them with my Greek yogurt I eat every day and that generally will satisfy me. I guess I should just do better about making them and keeping a supply of them on hand.

The last time I bought some protein powder, I chose a chocolate flavor. I usually get vanilla, and thought the chocolate would be a nice change. If you have never made any protein cookies or balls before, the nifty thing about them is you can take liberties and add just about anything you want to the recipe. (ie dried fruit, mini chocolate chips, coconut, etc)



PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA OAT PROTEIN BALLS

2-1/2     cups oats (quick or old fashioned - I used the latter)
2            tablespoons honey
1/4         cups creamy or chunky peanut butter
1             cup ripe bananas (about 2 large)
1             teaspoon cinnamon
2            scoops of protein powder

Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir until well blended.



Form into balls and refrigerate. (The mixture was "wetter" than others I have made. I decided to use my medium ice cream scoop to form balls. I covered a cookie sheet with wax paper and dropped scoops on it. I ate one a few hours later, but they were better the next day.)


Using the medium size scoop, I made 14 balls. 




No comments:

Post a Comment