Monday, February 27, 2017

CRANBERRY-PECAN SALAD

This Cranberry-Pecan Salad was listed in the "holiday" section in the cookbook, Better Homes and Garden Eat Healthy Lose Weight, but why should you only enjoy it on holidays? The next time you have ham or a pork tenderloin, you should definitely make this salad. 

You might not be able to find fresh cranberries in the groceries, but if you are like me and buy multiple bags when they appear in the grocery stores and then freeze them to use all year long, just take out about 3-1/2 cups and let them thaw.

My husband absolutely loved this salad. I have to admit eating it alone, I sprinkled a little stevia on mine to add a little extra sweetness to it. I think with ham or pork, I would enjoy it more.


CRANBERRY-PECAN SALAD

1       12-ounce package fresh cranberries (about 3-1/2 cups)
1       cup water
1/2   cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup of truvia - stevia/sugar blend)
1        4 - serving size box of sugar-free cranberry or raspberry flavored gelatin (I used sugar-free raspberry flavored gelatin)
1       15-1/4 - ounce can crushed pineapple in its own juice, undrained (I used a 20 - ounce can and removed 1/2 cup of the pineapple)
1/3    cup coarsely chopped pecans

In a large saucepan combine the cranberries and water.
Bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes or until berries pop. Remove from heat.

Add sugar and gelatin to mixture,
stirring to dissolve.
Stir in undrained pineapple.


Transfer to a serving bowl.
Cover and chill about 6 hours or until thickened.

To serve, stir and
sprinkle with pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment