Friday, December 16, 2016

ZESTY BARBECUED PULLED CHICKEN

Remember all those chicken breasts I bought back in the summer? Well, we are still trying to eat them up. Every other day or so (it seems) my husband will tell me I need to make something with them. Earlier this week when we told me that, I told him I had a recipe to try and would use a couple of them. That satisfied him.

Suzanne Elizabeth Mastaw's original recipe called for 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves. These chicken breasts I got are so big, they don't make a slow cooker big enough to hold 6 of them. I just cut the recipe down and it worked great. It is also marvelous that you start with the chicken frozen. (I am sure it would work with thawed chicken, too.) Even with the two breasts I used, we will enjoy pulled barbecued chicken for several meals.


ZESTY BARBECUED PULLED CHICKEN

2-3       frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (If you use more than 3 medium sized breast halves, increase the amounts of the rest of the ingredients.)
1            cup (6 - ounces) barbecue sauce
1/4        cup Italian salad dressing (I used a fat-free one)
2           tablespoons brown sugar
1            tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Spray the bottom and sides of a larger slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.

Place frozen chicken pieces in bottom of cooker.

Combine the barbecue sauce, salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Stir well.

Pour over chicken pieces.

Cover and cook on High for 3 - 4 hours (I did do 4 hours) or Low for 6 - 8 hours.

Shred chicken with two forks.

Return to cooker to soak up sauce.
Enjoy.


Add more barbecue sauce if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment