Friday, December 9, 2016

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP LOAVES

Monday was the busiest baking days I have had in quite a while. Tuesday night we had our annual Ladies Christmas Tea at church and Friend Janice and I hosted a table again (seating 10 ladies). I made two chocolate pecan pies for our table. I also made three dozen cookies to treat the men servers at the tea. I also worked my usual 3-hour shift at the register for Hillcrest Thrift Shop and of course had to make something to take to treat the volunteers.

For some reason it took me longer than normal to make a decision on what to make for the latter. I finally chose this recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Loaves from my Famous Brand Name Gifts from the Christmas Kitchen cookbook. They had a full page picture of it and it looked really scrumptious with the glass of milk. 

As usual, the complements flowed from the volunteers. When I tell my husband or friends what they tell me, the usual response I get is, "Well, they would probably say that about any thing you brought." I disagree. I can tell if they aren't as crazy about the treat as they usually are.


PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP LOAVES

3          cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2    teaspoons baking powder
1           teaspoon baking soda
1           teaspoon salt
1           cup creamy peanut butter
1/2       cup butter, softened (I stick)
1/2       cup granulated sugar
1/2       cup packed light brown sugar
2          eggs
1-1/2    cups buttermilk
2          teaspoons vanilla
1           cup semisweet mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 - inch loaf pans.

Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl; set aside.

Beat peanut butter, butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.

Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, scraping down side of bowl after each addition.

Beat in buttermilk and vanilla.

Gradually add flour mixture.
Beat at low speed.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Divide dough evening between prepared pans. (I used one 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 - inch pan and one smaller. I filled the larger one fuller and it took longer to cook. Next time I will just make two the same size.)

Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling completely on the wire rack.

Wrap with foil to keep it moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment