Tuesday, November 22, 2016

BLUEBERRY HILL BREAD

We got back late last night from our vacation in SC and GA. I spent a couple of hours this morning writing the post for part of the week. I think I will have two more posts in me to finish the fun week. 

I couldn't let the afternoon go without baking. The first one I made, I made for us. The Harvest Bread I shared last week was so good (we ended up taking part of it on our trip and Leon, Friend Janice's husband, loved it). I wanted to have another type of bread to have to eat when I needed a not-so-sweet treat. I decided this Blueberry Hill Bread recipe in  Cathy Mitchell's Quick & Easy Dump Cakes and More sounded perfect.

I have plenty of blueberries I have frozen. The ingredients included fresh or thawed frozen blueberries. I just rinsed my frozen ones off but didn't really let them thaw. Turned out perfect.


BLUEBERRY HILL BREAD

3/4      cup buttermilk
1           egg
1/4       cup vegetable or canola oil
2          cups all-purpose flour
3/4      cups packed brown sugar
2          teaspoons baking powder
1           teaspoon baking soda
1/2       teaspoon salt
1/2       teaspoon ground nutmeg
1           cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 x 4 - inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.


Combine the buttermilk, egg, and oil in a large bowl and mix well.


Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl with a whisk.


Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture. Stir just til blended.
(Had to change to my wooden spoon.)
Gently fold in the blueberries.
(Batter is thick.)


Spread batter in loaf pan.


Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.


Remove and finish cooling.


Slice to serve.






If you are following my posts for our vacation, I will share another one Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment