Friday, November 18, 2016

AMISH BAKED OATMEAL

You can find all sorts of baked oatmeal recipes that contain a lot of added ingredients. I wanted to find just a good basic one. 

That's what I found in my The Farmhouse Kitchen, Amish Community Cooking from Greenville, PA cookbook. From Ed & Mary Slabough, they did add that you could vary it with 1/2 cup sugar and add raisins or apples.

I didn't do that because as I said, I just wanted a basic baked oatmeal. I like to eat it by itself or added to my Greek yogurt.


BAKED OATMEAL

1/2      cup butter, melted
1          cup brown sugar
2         eggs, beaten
3         cups quick oats
2         teaspoons baking powder
1          teaspoon salt
1          cup milk
1          teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream first 3 ingredients - the butter, brown sugar, and eggs.


Add the rest of the ingredients and
mix well.

Spread in a 10 x 10 or 9 x 13 - inch baking pan. (I think my pan was about 8 x 11 or 12 - inches.) (I did spray my pan with cooking spray.)

Bake for 20 - 30 minutes.

Serves 6 to 8.

My husband puts his yogurt on top....

I like to put the oatmeal on top of my yogurt....

No comments:

Post a Comment