Tuesday, August 2, 2016

ORANGE BACON CHICKEN SALAD

Last week I shared a Gourmet Chicken Salad recipe I found and especially enjoyed. When Friend Carol let us know in advance that she was preparing a light lunch for the Farkle group when we met at her house, she offered this Orange Bacon Chicken Salad. 

It was also delicious. (I wonder how many different chicken salad recipes there are?) I do like the ones that contain fruit, I think the most.

Carol had multi-grain bread slices and some crackers but I think most people prepared it as I did...a slice of bread piled with the chicken salad and then topped with a slice of Carol's home grown tomatoes. Yummy! Carol did omit the diced onion but I am leaving it in the recipe.




ORANGE BACON CHICKEN SALAD

4       cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1       cup cooked bacon, crumbled (1 lb of bacon)
1       11-oz can no-sugar-added mandarin oranges
1/2   cup mayonnaise
2      tablespoons orange marmalade 
1       cup diced onion (optional)
1/2   teaspoon salt
1/2   teaspoon black pepper.

Place the chicken in a large bowl.

Stir in the crumbled bacon, mandarin oranges mayonnaise, orange marmalade that has been heated 10 seconds in the microwave, onion (if using), salt, and pepper.

Makes about 6 cups or about 9 servings.



Tomorrow I will be sharing the Apple Butter Bread. It was so moist. You don't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment