Monday, August 15, 2016

CHOCOLATEY CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES


I was really excited about sharing these unbelievable cookies with you after I made them with my MO grandkids, but I didn't have time before my first-ever Amish Week last week. I hope you checked in last week and saw some awesome Amish recipes I shared.

Two weekends ago, we had a delightful weekend with our grandchildren (Madison 6 and Tyler 4) while our son and his wife had a fun weekend on a float trip with friends. This is the first time we have stayed the whole weekend with the kids and it was just perfect.

On Saturday we went to Deanna Rose Children's Homestead in Overland Park, KS and had the best time ever. Sunday morning I told them we were going to bake some cookies together. (It was a little different cooking in someone else's kitchen, but we had fun and the cookies were the best.)

I took the ingredients with me from home having measured out the oats and chips and then put them in a sandwich ziplock bag. That's why I added the oats and chips at the same time. I could have added the nuts, but Tyler has a peanut allergy and DIL Lori doesn't like nuts in baked goods. 

They were the prettiest cookies. I love a cookie that spreads nicely when baked and that is just what these cookies did. I think I must have missed the "greased" cookie sheet because I am almost certain that I didn't grease Lori's cookies sheets and the cookies did perfect.



CHOCOLATEY CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES

1/2       cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature or softened
2           eggs
1            German chocolate cake mix
3/4       cup old-fashioned oats
3/4       cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2        cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a large bowl, blend butter with eggs.

Stir in cake mix.

Stir in oats and chips.

Add nuts if using.

Drop by heaping teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (until edges are slightly brown). (The cookies are brown so I just cooked mine 10 minutes and checked them. They looked done so I took them out of the oven.)

Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Remove cookies to cooling rack.

Here are the pictures I took of my helpers (couldn't have done it without them).












Waiting patiently for the first pan to cool enough to eat with Grandad.

YUMMY! Grandmother!
To print this recipe, there should  be a print icon at the bottom of this post. If you do not see it, scroll up and click on the title of the post. You will be taken to just the one post and the print icon will be the first icon on the bar. When the print window opens, you will have the option to remove the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment