Friday, April 15, 2016

ORANGE DREAM CAKE

All I can say about this Orange Dream Cake is -- it is delightfully delightful -- with a strong emphasis on the "light". Often tube cake aren't, but this one is. I think the secret is beating the batter for 4 minutes. It more than doubles in size. My husband and I each enjoyed a small piece after I made it which was good. I took it to Hillcrest Thrift Shop the next day and by the time my 3-hour shift was over, the cake was all gone.


ORANGE DREAM CAKE

1       (2-layer) package yellow or white cake mix (I used a white cake mix)
1       envelope whipped topping mix
4      eggs
1       tablespoon grated orange peel (I used McCormick's Valencia orange peel)
1       cup orange juice
1       cup confectioners' sugar (sifted)
additional orange
2      tablespoons coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a tube pan.


Combine the cake mix,, topping mix, eggs, orange peel, and 1 cup orange juice in a mixer bowl. Blend until moistened. Scrape the sides of the bowl
 and beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.


Pour into pan.


Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until the cake test done. (I cooked mine only 45 minutes.)

Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.


Prepare the glaze by mixing the confectioners' sugar with enough orange juice for desired consistency. Stir in the coconut. 


Remove the cake from the pan and place on serving plate.


Spoon the glaze over the top of the cake and allow it to run down the sides. 




Wait for the oohs and aahs when you serve it. It is so light tasting and the coconut adds just the right amount of extra sweetness to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment