Wednesday, April 20, 2016

BAKED CHICKEN

I have made a number of baked chicken recipes over the years, but I have to say that this Amish recipe for Baked Chicken produced the juiciest and most moist chicken I have eaten. 

The recipe was in my Amish Cooking cookbook. I love looking at the recipes all of which have pictures of the finished dish and reading the added information and pictures about Amish living. The book was edited by Mark Eric Miller but other than that no credit is given to any of the recipes.

The recipe called for 1 cut up broiler or young chicken. Rarely do I cook a whole chicken now a days. I had four chicken tenders which is about our "speed" so I used them.



BAKED CHICKEN

1/2       cup flour
2          teaspoons paprika
1           teaspoon pepper
1/4       teaspoon dry mustard
3          teaspoons salt (I used only 2 teaspoons)
1           cut up broiler or young chicken (I used 4 chicken tenders and had plenty of mixture left for more)
1/4       pound butter (I used 1/4 cup since I was only cooking 4 tenders)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Mix the dry ingredients well in a plastic bag. (Since I was using tenders, I just mixed the ingredients in a dish.)


Coat the cut up chicken parts (or tenders) with the mixture.


In a cake pan (baking dish) melt the butter. (I used a 10 -inch square baking pan)



Place the chicken parts in the pan, but do not crowd them.
(I decided to place the tender in the melted butter and then turn it over so that both sides were coated with the butter.)


Bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until done. (I baked the four tenders 25 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment