Friday, April 8, 2016

APPLESAUCE PANCAKES

I am always looking for new recipes for pancakes. I can't remember the last time I bought a box of pancake mix. When I saw this one for Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes, I knew I had to try it. I left off the "Cinnamon" in my title, because I ended up using different applesauce. Please feel free to use your favorite applesauce.



APPLESAUCE PANCAKES

2       cups flour (I used part all-purpose/part whole wheat pastry flour)
4       teaspoons baking powder
2       cups water (I would suggest starting with 1-3/4 cups)
1/2    teaspoon salt
1/2    cup applesauce (I used chunky strawberry applesauce)
1/4    cup vanilla extract
1        teaspoon cinnamon (optional)


Combine the dry ingredients and
then add the water, applesauce, and vanilla. Beat together til smooth.

Mixture is fairly thin. Suggest letting it set for about 5 minutes to let it thicken a little. Make sure the skillet is hot. 
Cook on one side until bubbles form and thin flip over and cook on other side until done.
Top with cut fruit of your choice and a little bit of powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment