Monday, February 15, 2016

NEIMAN MARCUS LEMON COCONUT BARS

I couldn't wait to share this recipe with you. I am writing this just minutes after everyone in the Tasty Bunch left my house. Several wanted the recipe for these fabulous lemon coconut bars and I promised them it would be on my blog on Monday morning. Thanks, Mix and Match Mama for the recipe.

We had a fun gathering this evening. First we went to dinner at Christine's Firehouse on 20th Bar and Grill in North Kansas City. For my friends who live here in the Northland, if you haven't eaten here, you should definitely check them out. They are famous for their bigger-than-the-plate pork tenderloin. Two couples shared it....that's how big it is. I think it is the best I have ever eaten. Love their homemade batter.

For dessert,  I made these Neiman Marcus Lemon Coconut Bars this morning. OMG! They were so good. I made them full of everything ... fat, sugar, you name it. If you follow me, you know I usually try to cut the calories as best I can without ruining the taste of the dessert. But today, I didn't. I would like to try them using unsweetened coconut and fat-free cream cheese and see if they still taste as good. I will let you know how they turn out.




NEIMAN MARCUS LEMON COCONUT BARS

1         lemon cake mix
4        eggs
1         stick butter, melted
4        cups powdered sugar
8        ounces cream cheese, softened
2        cups sweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.


Combine the dry cake mix, 2 eggs, and the butter until smooth. Spread batter in the bottom of the pan. 


Beat the powdered sugar (I sifted it first), 2 eggs, and cream cheese until smooth.


Stir in coconut making sure it is distributed throughout the mixture.


Evenly spread mixture over the cake mixture.


Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or til edges brown and center is mostly set.


Cool 30 minutes on wire rack.


Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.





One last look...



No comments:

Post a Comment