Wednesday, January 27, 2016

STEAK SOUP

There is nothing better on a cold winter day than a bowl of soup! We had an unusually warm day in the 60s and my husband decided to grill some steaks. He grilled more than we could eat that night, but we knew we would enjoy them on another night.

Instead though, I decided to make a big pot of Steak Soup. I don't really have a recipe when I make soup, but I did try to take notes so I could pass this recipe along to you. You could use any meat if you didn't have the steak. This recipe will look like one my mother would have.


STEAK (MEAT) SOUP

Meat of some sort. Any amount will work. I probably had about 2 cups
2      cups diced potatoes
1       cup diced carrots
1/2   cup chopped celery
1       cup whole kernel corn
1       cup green beans
1       can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
2      teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
1-2   teaspoons Norton's Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend
1-2   teaspoons salt
water

I chopped the potatoes, carrots, and celery and covered them with water in a big pot over medium heat, covered.

After about 20 minutes, I added the rest of the ingredients. After the mixture came to a boil, I reduced the temperature to simmer and continued to cook until we were ready to eat. (Sorry. It was at least 30 minutes.) I did have to add some additional water to keep everything covered and to have enough liquid to make a soup.


You could also add a little diced onion if you liked. If you had any leftover vegetables in the refrigerator, you could add those. Sometimes I add macaroni. You might want to cook it for just a little bit so that it won't sink to the bottom and stick to the pot. Just stir it often especially at first if you do add some pasta.

Making soup should be one of those recipes that you don't have to have a recipe to make. Add whatever seasoning you like for that special flavor. Sometimes I add Italian seasoning, some parsley, etc. I hope you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment