Tuesday, January 26, 2016

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE

I have switched my shift at Hillcrest Thrift Shop from the middle to the first shift. I actually like having my afternoon free instead of breaking up my day. The only disadvantage is that means I have to make my dessert on Monday because I don't have enough time to make it Tuesday morning before going down.

Last Monday I looked for something special but easy that I could take the next morning. I found a recipe that called for a yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, and butterscotch chips. The problem was I didn't have a yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, or as many butterscotch chips as the recipe called for. The cake was called a Hornest's Nest Cake.

I did have a chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, and peanut butter chips which was close. (ha) The result was a moist scrumptious dessert that everyone loved at Hillcrest. I decided to just call it ....


CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE

1       chocolate cake (without the pudding)
1       (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding + 2 cups milk
2      cups peanut butter chips (The bag now holds 1-3/4 cups chips. This would work out okay.)
1       cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 - inch pan. (I used my homemade Pan Grease.)

Make pudding according to box directions with 2 cups milk.

Add the dry cake mix.

Spread the batter evenly in the pan.

Sprinkle the chips on top.

Top with the chopped nuts.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.

Cool and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment