Friday, January 22, 2016

BLACKBERRY PUDDING COBBLER

My dil Sara gave me an Amish cookbook for Christmas, The Best of Amish Friends Cookbook Collection by Wanda E. Brunsetter. I was so excited when I opened it. I always get a calendar for the year with pictures of their family that I love to have. I also usually get one other something. What a perfect gift for me!

I didn't wait long to find a recipe to try and test out on my friends at Hillcrest Thrift Shop. This one contributed by Mrs. Paul Schrock of Marion, MI was especially well received.



BLACKBERRY PUDDING COBBLER

1/3       cup butter
2          cups sugar, divided (I used stevia)
2          cups flour
1           teaspoon salt
2          teaspoons baking powder
1           cup milk
2          cups fresh or frozen blackberries (I used a 12 - ounce bag of frozen blackberries. It was a little more than 2 cups.)
2          cups boiling water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 - inch pan.


Cream the butter and 1 cup of sugar.


Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and milk. Mix well.


Spread into pan.


Pour (place) blackberries on top of batter.


Combine remaining 1 cup sugar (I used stevia) and the boiling water and
pour over the berries. (May add more blackberries or liquid according to taste.)


Bake for 50 minutes.



Best served warm.

Other fruit or berries may be substituted for the blackberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment