Monday, December 28, 2015

CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES

This is the other cookie I made when our Quilters' Canasta group met at Friend Fran's house recently. I wanted to take a variety and since most people seem to like oatmeal cookies, I decided to do these easy ones.

They were very easy because I used one of those package mixes for oatmeal cookies and just added my own ingredients to them. It made about 3 dozen cookies so that was just perfect. (I had to leave some at home for my husband. He liked them the best, too.)
You can see them and the other two cookies I took at the end of this post.


CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES

1         17.5 oz bag Oatmeal Cookie Mix
1         stick of butter (1/2 cup), softened not melted
1         tablespoon water
1         egg
1/2     cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/2     cup white chips
1/4     cups chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Stir the mix, butter, water, and egg in a large bowl with a spoon. Dough will be stiff.

Add the cranberries, white chips, and nuts.

Drop by a cookie scoop on an ungreased cookie sheet or parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake 11 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet before removing them to cool completely on wire rack.



Store in a airtight container.

Here is a picture of the three cookies I took to share.



From left to right: The Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies, Cranberry-Orange-Almond Shorbread Cookies, and Marion Smith's Molasses Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment